Group Respite Manager
The Group Respite Manager is responsible for the daily supervision of older adults with dementia and memory loss including planning and implementing a daily schedule of appropriate activities, lunch, snacks, supervising volunteers, and ensuring the well-being and safety of all participants.
- Plan and Manage Group Respite Program.
- Supervise volunteers.
- Plan and implement monthly calendar of activities including games, crafts, recreation, and other activities appropriate for those with memory loss.
- Coordinate meals, snacks, and refreshments.
- Work with families to coordinate scheduling of participants.
- Train volunteers and staff members on policies and procedures.
- Participate/Conduct initial and ongoing assessments of participants with dementia.
- Ensure well-being, comfort, and safety of participants with dementia.
- Represent agency and promote agency’s program in the community.
- Clean and maintain all areas of building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- A minimum of a high school education and two years of post-secondary education OR 2 years of experience working with older adults and adults with disabilities and their families. Preferred degree in therapeutic recreation or activities professional.
- Genuine concern, understanding and sensitivity to older adults needs, interests, and unique circumstances.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization with excellent written, communication and organizational skills.
- Supervisory skills and the ability to work with elderly persons with memory loss in a compassionate and understanding manner.
- Valid NC Driver’s License
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9am-4pm.
We are looking for someone who is hard-working, has a positive attitude, ambitious, friendly, outgoing and professional. The Group Respite Manager needs to be an extremely organized person who always carries a smile on their face with compassion in their heart. If you think you’d make the next great addition to our team, please send us your resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Basic function of work to be performed by employee: Assist older adults in making it possible for them to stay in their own homes safely, maintain or improve their level of personal care and household management, assist in completing household chores such as changing bed sheets, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, with the intent to keep the home safe. May also need to provide personal care, helping clients in and out of the shower safely.
Hours: Employees work a set schedule of clients between the hours of 8:30 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. We do not work nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Assist with personal care for frail/at risk clients (to include bathing, grooming, and dressing)
- Do light housekeeping and laundry (to include vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning kitchens & bathrooms, changing bed linens, taking out trash, checking mail, and any other tasks assigned by supervisor)
- Provide respite for primary caregivers
- Shop for food and other necessary items
- Plan and prepare light meals
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Complete all paperwork in a timely maner
Special Skills Needed: Ability to function independently and responsibly and respond well to supervision. Must be in good health, well groomed, able to lift groceries, vacuum, sweep, and mop. Must be able to read service plans and complete documentation accurately. Must have a valid NC driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
Special Qualities Needed: Must be mature, flexible, compassionate, honest, and dependable.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10 /hour
- in home care: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License