Union Seniors Meetings
Monthly programs are held at 4 locations throughout the county. There is no cost and registration is not required.
Meetings normally follow this schedule:
- Waxhaw – Atrium Health Community Room – 2700 Providence Rd. South, Waxhaw
- 1st Tuesday of the month at 10am
- Monroe – Langford Chapel – 113 South Johnson St, Monroe
- 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10:30am
- Indian Trail – Indian Trail Town Hall – 315 Matthews-Indian Trail Rd, Indian Trail
- 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10am
- Wingate – Wingate United Methodist Church – 111 Hinson St, Wingate
- 4th Tuesday of the month at 10am
Evidence Based Classes
If you are interested in any of these FREE classes, call Council on Aging at 704-292-1797 to register.
Chronic Pain Self-Management: A 2½-hour workshop held each week for six weeks to give you techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep. This includes appropriate exercise, use of medications, communicating with friends and family, nutrition, etc.
Living Healthy – Chronic Disease Self-Management: A 2½-hour workshop held each week for six weeks to provide support with ongoing health conditions. This includes practical tips to deal with pain and fatigue, better nutrition and exercise choices, & understanding new treatment options.
Living Healthy with Diabetes: A 2½-hour workshop held each week for six weeks to give you support in finding practical ways to deal with diabetes. This includes nutrition and exercise choices and better ways to talk to your doctor and family regarding your health.
Matter of Balance: A 2-hour class held twice a week for four weeks that helps reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels to improve flexibility, balance, and strength.
Day trips are planned to give seniors an opportunity to visit an interesting location and share in an adventure with other seniors.
Bus Trip tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis. Your seat will only be reserved when payment is accepted at Council on Aging office. Cash or checks are the preferred method of payment.