The goal of Matter of Balance (MOB) is to reduce fear of falling, stop the fear of falling cycle, and increase activity levels among community-dwelling older adults.
A Matter of Balance acknowledges the risk of falling but emphasizes practical coping strategies to reduce this fear. These include:
- Promoting a view of falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Setting realistic goals for increasing activity
- Changing the environment to reduce fall risk factors
- Promoting exercise to increase strength and balance.
- This workshop is conducted over eight sessions, meeting weekly or twice weekly for two hours per session. Meeting dates are Mondays and Wednesdays including: July 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, and August 2. Registration is required by calling Council on Aging: 704-292-1797.