The Chronic Pain Self-Management Program is a workshop given 2 ½ hours, once a week, for six weeks. This workshop is facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are peers with chronic pain themselves.
Subjects covered include:
1) Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
2) Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
3) Appropriate use of medications
4) Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
6) Pacing activity and rest
7) How to evaluate new treatments
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain book, Relaxation CD and Exercise CD.
This Workshop is free and registration is required by calling 704-292-1797.