Basic function of work to be performed by employee: Assist older adults in making it possible for them to stay in their own homes safely, maintain or improve their level of personal care and household management, assist in completing household chores such as changing bed sheets, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, with the intent to keep the home safe. May also need to provide personal care, helping clients in and out of the shower safely.
Hours: Employees work a set schedule of clients between the hours of 8:30 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. We do not work nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Assist with personal care for frail/at risk clients (to include bathing, grooming, and dressing)
- Do light housekeeping and laundry (to include vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning kitchens & bathrooms, changing bed linens, taking out trash, checking mail, and any other tasks assigned by supervisor)
- Provide respite for primary caregivers
- Shop for food and other necessary items
- Plan and prepare light meals
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner
Special Skills Needed: Ability to function independently and responsibly and respond well to supervision. Must be in good health, well groomed, able to lift groceries, vacuum, sweep, and mop. Must be able to read service plans and complete documentation accurately. Must have a valid NC driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
Special Qualities Needed: Must be mature, flexible, compassionate, honest, and dependable.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Required license or certification:
Pay/Benefits: $9.50/hour & paid mileage 40cents/mile
Full-time employees: After 90 days, full time employees are eligible for health insurance and receive 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 10 holidays per year.